Burkburnett ISD is a great school district! Sometimes people ask me why I believe Burk schools are the best place for students to attend. I’m always ready with an answer and here are 10 reasons to join us and be a Bulldog:
- Burkburnett ISD offers personalized learning. Whether a student is learning disabled, gifted, speaks a different native language, or has unique learning needs, Burk schools personalize learning to meet students’ needs.
- We love our military families! Over 25% of our families are military and we pride ourselves in working closely with Sheppard Air Force Base by helping these students find their places as Bulldogs. Support for our military students includes a military transitional counselor, Student2Student programs, AFJROTC programs, Advanced Placement classes, and others. Our student body is welcoming and quiet adept at helping new students learn about their new school and community.
- The culture of our campuses is geared for kids. Every campus has a unique family atmosphere where teachers truly care about their students. We invite you to walk the halls on any of our campuses to feel the culture and climate difference. Our faculty and staff members focus on the child.
- Parents and families are always welcomed in Burk ISD! We encourage and expect parents to be partners in their child’s education and provide unique opportunities to engage. From Family Night in the Park, to STEM Night, to Kindergarten Graduation, and many other events, we offer a wide variety of opportunities for parents and family members to be actively engaged.
- Students are offered real-world learning experiences through project-based learning (PBL) as our instructional model. All of our teachers have received training in high-quality PBL and offer inquiry-based learning that offers students choices and authentic learning experiences in which they collaborate and learn at high levels.
- We grow well-rounded kids in BISD! UIL sports and academics, robotics clubs at every campus, elementary honor choirs, PALS programs, FFA, and Crimestoppers are just some of the extracurricular activities offered to help our students thrive as versatile young adults.
- Progressive, big-school opportunities offered in a small-school setting make BISD a great place to go to school! Students can utilize cutting-edge technology, experience opportunities with professionals from various career fields, participate in flexible learning environments, and learn from teachers who have the best quality of training and professional development. Dual credit opportunities through Vernon College and Texas State Technical College mean students can complete a significant amount of college hours while still in high school.
- Burkburnett ISD has great community support! Our school is in the midst of construction from a $47 million bond passed by our community to enhance, build, and modify our campuses to better meet the needs of our students. The school board is progressive and thoughtful and business regularly supports the schools through grants, work opportunities, fund-raising, and volunteers. Our community believes in our schools!
- Students have a voice in BISD! Our Superintendent’s Council at both the high school and middle school campuses each meet monthly with our Superintendent, Dr. Tylor Chaplin. Students of all ages are regularly surveyed over their learning environment, preferences for how they best learn, and what makes learning fun. And student voice and choice are routines practiced in all classrooms.
- And finally, every day is a great day to be a Burkburnett Bulldog! Come join us!
Missy Mayfield, Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum & Instruction